Work Experience Recruitment Officer
|Location: SE10, Peninsula, Greater London
|Salary: £21000/annum Perkbox Techsave
|Posted: 3 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Twin Group is an award winning provider of education, travel, work experience, accommodation and employment services. We offer a diverse number of life enhancing services to our clients and every member of our team is essential in achieving this.
Twin Work Experience is an award winning internship provider sourcing internships for over 3000 international students each year.
We are currently recruiting for a Recruitment Officer to work within the Work Experience department.
Working within the Work Experience Team to place international students with our business partners for set periods depending upon student and business needs. Engaging with local, regional, national and international employers, agencies and colleges to ensure all placements through Twin are matched to suitable/sustainable vacancies/placements.
The post holder will be required to:
* To ensure operational targets are met, if not exceeded
* To ensure Twin’s Work Experience offering continues to be a market leader in the sector
* To ensure our business partners, agents, colleges etc., are treated with professionalism at all times
* To ensure all operational divisions within Twin are marketed in an effective manner resulting in Twin’s brand being seen as a “one stop shop” for all of our customer needs
* To source and secure suitable/sustainable placements for our client base to meet both academic/language requirements and individual requests, via cold calling and company management.
* To work with companies, agencies, colleges and agents to ensure suitable placements are found for our international students
* Grow and sustain professional contact with new company clients and progress with developing these company contacts to expand the placement service
* Maintain and develop “company profile/fact file” for all new contacts
* Regularly monitor each student on work placements to ensure client/companysatisfaction
* Maintain and develop relationships with business partners advising them of individual student progress, new business developments, special offers etc...
* Conduct professional inductions with all new students/groups/staff on first day of the placement and provide details of placements to include: company information sheets, interview details and social events planned
* Arrange/attend internal/external recruitment events to drive performance and generate high-interest and sales-attitude within the work experience team
* Manage and maintain an accurate management information database to utilise all operational needs for both business partners and student placements
* Build and maintain excellent working relationships with business partners to ensure repeat business and that Twin is seen as a “partner of choice” for all employer services needs
* To maintain expectations of all of Twin’s customers, to ensure a quality service is not only offered but our customers receive exceptional value for money
You will need to display the following personal attributes:
* Results driven and ability to work under pressure
* Excellent customer service skills and ability to work in cross functional teams
* Negotiation skills
* Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational
* Communicates at all levels and in varying situations.
* Works under pressure
* Commercially aware
* Excellent organisation skills
* Self-motivated, trustworthy and determined with a desire to succeed
* Educated to A level standard or equivalent
What we can offer you:
* £21,000 pa basic plus commission.
* Excellent development and career opportunities.
* A benefits package including , techsave schemes and PerkBox
The successful candidate must be able eligible to work in the UK. We regret that unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.Twin Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age