Volunteer Recruitment Manager - Travel Brand
|Posted: 8 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Volunteer Recruitment Manager - £28.5k + bonus scheme (OTE £33.5k)
Brook Street is delighted to present an excellent and exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Recruitment Manager to join a growing and award-winning volunteer travel company based in the Southampton area.
Established 10 years ago, this unique adventure company have quickly developed and built a network and strong relationship with 25 community projects in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya, and Zanzibar. They support these projects with the resources they need to grow, whilst organising the trips from start to finish for our volunteers, who are recruited from schools, colleges, universities, charities and sports clubs across the UK.
This means they take on the dual role of tour operator and development agency, providing a high-quality service to their volunteers, who make everything happen, whilst working closely with each partner project to develop the outreach services they offer in Africa. The company’s official charity further supports these projects with ongoing grants and donations. They are at an exciting, important stage in their development and are looking for an ambitious, driven individual to lead their sales drives.
About the job:
The Volunteer Recruitment Manager is responsible for generating and converting enquiries for new groups looking to travel with our client. These will derive from their core markets, which include schools, colleges, universities, sports clubs and youth development programmes.
You will work to quarterly and yearly recruitment targets and work with other key staff to achieve these.
The role will require you to deliver some evening presentations, so a flexible approach to working hours will be required. You will also travel to meet new/prospective groups as part of your role, so you will need a full UK driving licence. It is likely you will travel between (phone number removed) miles per year. Having access to your own vehicle is beneficial but not essential.
* To work with our client’s marketing department to generate new enquiries from their core target markets.
* To lead on recruitment campaigns to generate new leads.
* To handle new enquiries from prospective groups and convert new bookings.
* Build great relationships with new potential group leaders to ensure they understand the work our client does and what they can offer their young people.
* Establish contact with key decision makers at their target markets, which will involve meetings/presentations/telephone calls etc.
* To deliver vibrant, informative launch presentations to new groups, this may include parents, students and teachers.
* To create bespoke trip proposals/itineraries for each group to ensure their volunteer experience meets their needs and provides their partner projects with the volunteer support they’re looking for.
* To maintain a strong understanding of the work our client does and the reason why their groups travel with them ahead of others.
Who’s right for the job?
Skills & Experience:
* Minimum two years’ experience in a sales/recruitment role
* Experience of sales / marketing to at least one of our core markets
* Excellent meeting / presentation skills
* Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and prospective new groups
* Proven track record of travel sales to education sector or similar
* Travel industry experience
* Experience of working to targets
* Passion for international development and youth development
* Strong IT skills and experience of working with sales / CRM systems.
* Independent travel experience of Africa
* Educated to degree level
* Experience of international volunteering
What’s in it for you?
In return you will be offered a competitive salary of £28.5k plus the opportunity to earn from a bonus scheme with an OTE of £33.5k. You will also get opportunities to travel abroad, 25days holiday plus bank holidays, and flexible working hours.
Let’s get started!
As mentioned this is an immediate start, for more information please contact Ben at Brook Street on (phone number removed) or send your CV to Ben.Grice(at)(url removed)