Trainee Recruitment Consultant... break your boss’s heart
|Salary: £18000 - £24000/annum OTEs £40-100K
|Posted: 15 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Break your boss’s heart – start a love affair with Recruitment…
Have you started a sales-based career, but now want to be really challenged and developed in an environment where the top performers are earning six figures? As a Trainee Recruitment Consultant you’ll experience a rollercoaster of emotions. Your days will be long, challenging and frustrating. However, as you start to develop your skills you’ll experience the thrill that comes from making your first placements.
About Conrad Scott
Conrad Scott is a specialist Recruitment to Recruitment business. We place hundreds of sales people into their first trainee recruitment consultant positions in the recruitment, search and selection industry in the UK and internationally.
Our Clients include:
* Multi-award winning recruitment agencies with accolades including – Guardian Top 100 Employers, Financial Times Top 50 places to work, “Best Recruitment Company to work for”, Investors in People etc…
* Smaller “Boutique” Recruitment Agencies who are specialists niches such as IT, Medical, Creative / Media / Marketing, Education, Public Sector, Executive Search etc…
* Exciting start-up companies or agencies at an early stage of the development, winners of Virgin Fast Track 100 fast growing companies etc…
* Global Recruitment firms who can offer their staff international opportunities in areas such as Asia, North America and Australia.
When you register with Conrad Scott we’ll brief you on all the best opportunities in Manchester and can arrange a selection of interviews for you with the recruitment agencies of your choice.
About the role
As a Recruitment Consultant you will experience a real sense of job satisfaction that comes from managing your own workload. In many ways it becomes like running your own business. You’ll become an expert in your own niche market, and build a great reputation with your clients and candidates. As you start to reap the rewards that come with repeat business, you’ll find the role becomes strangely addictive! Typical Day to day duties include:
* Creating your own network of candidates from a variety of sources including advertising, job boards, professional networking sites and the company’s internal database.
* Telephone sales and client meetings to develop relationships with existing and new clients , understanding their needs and advising them on suitable candidate profiles and market trends.
* Ensuring the right candidate is put forward for the right role, thus ensuring clients receive the quality service they expect.
* Overseeing the entire recruitment cycle including finding candidates, assessing their skills, matching them to the job and the interview process.
* Acting as a mediator in negotiating with your clients and candidates to secure a sale – the placement of your candidate!
* Achieving challenging sales targets, receiving incentives and bonuses and having fun!
What’s on offer:
* Typical starting salaries for Trainee Recruitment Consultant positions are in the range £18,000-£24,000 and rise rising rapidly with subsequent reviews (you can expect your basic to be £30K+ once you’re a Senior Consultant or Team Leader)
* You will also receive uncapped commission from the start. Commission schemes and OTEs vary, but it’s realistic to be doubling your salary by the end of your first year. Many new starters will significantly exceed this. As you build your skills and your client base your income will rise. The established “top billers” in the recruitment industry earn six figures.
* Depending on your employer you’ll receive a benefits package which can include a contributory pension, private healthcare, company car scheme (or cash equivalent for non drivers) and share / equity scheme.
* Most Recruitment agencies are very social and the environment is usually “work hard / play hard” with “lunch clubs”, individual and team incentive trips abroad, sporting hospitality, race-days, achievers awards etc…
What you need to apply:
* Be articulate with good verbal and written communication skills
* Have 12 months+ experience of working in a sales based role.
* Motivated, Hard-working and prepared to outside the normal “9-to-5” to provide a great service to your clients and candidates.
* Be seeking to be challenged in a bustling business-to-business sales environment.
Start your love affair with Recruitment by applying today and we will contact you shortly to talk you through the Trainee Recruitment Consultant opportunities open to you.
Conrad Scott Ltd is a recruitment agency specialising in placing graduates, sales people, trainee recruitment consultants and experienced recruitment professionals into the recruitment, search and selection industry. Conrad Scott acts as an employment agency and is registered in England and Wales as Conrad Scott Ltd, registered no 7537737