Student Support & Recruitment Worker
|Salary: £14910 - £19525/annum Excellent Benefits
|Posted: about 1 month ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Milton Keynes College are working in partnership with HMYOI Winchester to put education at the heart of the prison.
We have a new vacancy for a student support recruitment work to act as an ambassador, promoting education to maximise the recruitment of students onto learning programmes and supporting their learning goals within the prison. The successful candidate will provide appropriate guidance to students when selecting courses and support the education allocation process by delivering a range of ICT/paper based initial assessment and screening assessments. You will also be confident in promoting the benefits of education and be actively involved in all aspects of student recruitment and programme marketing, working in partnership with NOMS and other agencies to develop and deliver support services for our learners.
HMYOI Winchester is a busy Category B/C Local prison housing both sentenced and remand prisoners from the age of 18. The Education Department delivers relevant short courses that help prepare learners for employment upon release in three different Education areas in the prison.
In the department we believe the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. As a department, we endeavour to inspire learners to achieve. .
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Proven experience of presenting to groups.
- Good IT skills with experience of word processing, spread sheets, databases, email and internet systems.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- Sensitive to the complexities of prisons or closed institutions and have the ability to work positively within the inherent restraints.
- A willingness and ability to assume responsibility and to see through detailed tasks.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commitment to students and students' success.
- Able to motivate self and others.
- Have thinking ability: able to plan, communicate and problem solve effectively.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMYOI Winchester
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £14,910 - £19,525 per annum
Closing Date: 4th July 2017
More about the rewards
As well as having 25 flexible days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of our local government pension with employer contributions of 11.5%. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate