Senior Recruitment Consultant
|Location: Croydon, Greater London
|Salary: £21000 - £30000/annum
|Posted: 14 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Harper Anderton is an established, boutique recruitment company focused exclusively on the food industry. By creating genuine relationships with clients and candidates and providing unbiased advice, we’re challenging the common perception of recruitment agencies. Ultimately, we’re here to help the best candidates find their ideal careers with clients we love working for. Junior, Senior and part-time positions are available due to recent success within the company and plans for expansion in our permanent recruitment, interim and executive search divisions.
At Harper Anderton no two days will ever be the same and from day one you will feel a vital part of our team. Working alongside our leading recruiters you will be immediately striving for our vision of being the number one food & drink recruiter in the UK. Join us and you can finally get noticed for the quality of your work, not the quantity. Yes, we’re ambitious and enterprising but our culture is collaborative not cutthroat – we’re driven by service as well as sales.
So what will you be doing?
Essentially you will be providing a great service finding brilliant people for middle to senior roles within the UK Food Manufacturing sector.
What will it involve?
* A lot of recruitment is about selling – selling our services to client companies using a variety of different business development and marketing techniques to attract business. There will be targets – whether you are in sport, the arts or business there will always be targets, but we will make sure that they are achievable and motivational.
* You’ll get to know our sector very well – you’ll visit some of the most interesting clients in the UK and develop a good understanding of what they do, their culture and what they are looking for when they hire people.
* You’ll work as a 360 degree recruiter
* You’ll advertise vacancies by creating interesting attention-grabbing content across all media (including digital) that will attract candidates.
* You’ll build strong (sometimes lifelong) relationships with key candidates and help them find the roles that will give them a great career path.
* You’ll work as a headhunter
* You’ll use our powerful database to find candidates and to ascertain exactly what they are looking for in their next role.
* You’ll pro-actively take those candidates to our client candidates and say “hey we have someone great who wants to work for you!”
* You’ll prepare CVs and organise interviews as requested by the clients and manage the whole interview process, negotiating pay and salary arrangements between the clients and the candidates.
It won’t be easy, but nothing worth having is. We are more interested in attitude and character than capability.
To succeed in this role you will need:
* Self-Starters with high energy – we don’t want to have to roll you out of bed.
* Enthusiasm - Enthusiasm sells so we need lots of that.
* To be sharp and switched on – you need to work at speed and jump on an opportunity.
* Determination and drive – this always works well in our business
* TENACITY – there are going to be knock-backs (quite a few) we want people who can get up off the floor when they are knocked down.
* Great communication skills and interpersonal skills – we want people in our office who will light it up.
* To be goal-oriented.
* Able to manage simultaneous multiple projects.
* You will have 1-3 years experience as a recruitment consultant
What we offer you:
* 30% uncapped commission
* Additional performance incentives
* 25 days holiday
* Day off on your birthday
* Early finish on Fridays
* Bespoke development plan
* Internal and external training
* Visits to top London restaurants
* Annual trip abroad
* Team building activities
* In-house marketing and admin support
For more information please apply with your CV & contact details or call Laura M on (phone number removed)