|Location: Thame, Oxfordshire
|Salary: £20000 - £22000/annum
|Posted: 28 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Job Description: Recruiter
Purpose of role
To take responsibility for the recruitment of personnel across all channels on behalf of my client groups and internal teams, enabling the company and its clients to meet their business objectives.
You will provide a professional and efficient service to clients and candidates and establish strong working relationships with your key internal contacts within the client groups you are working with.
1. Plan and manage your own workload using the tools available, following company administration procedures ensuring that all deadlines, service levels and quality standards are met.
2. Obtain full brief from hiring managers when receiving a new vacancy, ensuring that all the details are correct, and you fully understand the type of candidate they are looking for.
3. Attract candidates using all the available tools and resources Screen, identify and put forward candidates by matching their skills, experience, geography and desire for job to client-specific requirements.
4. Arrange interviews with hiring managers. Requesting venues, confirming to hiring managers and sending confirmation to candidates and confirming them again prior to interview. 5. Working with line manager to regularly review which recruitment methods are working in order to make recommendations for future vacancies.
6. Maintain high administration standards, ensuring all information is updated accurately and communicate promptly within the expected timescales.
7. Handle enquiries from candidates and your internal clients promptly and effectively.
8. Attend field visits and interviews when required to develop a better understanding of your internal clients and the roles you are recruiting
Knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications for this role:
• Resilient and tenacious attitude • Experience in a role that involved being on the phone and communicating professionally with candidates or customers • Client or customer handling experience essential • Previous experience of dealing with multiple tasks, with high levels of admin • Able to manage self and time in order to deliver • Competent PC skills
The type of person who would enjoy this role would…
• Thrive on being busy and achieving • Have the ability to persuade and influence, and overcome objections • Show resilience, rising to the challenge and able to take on and learn from feedback • Be a team player, but also strive to meet personal targets • Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with ever changing priorities • Work in an organised manner, able to manage own workload and replan to accommodate new priorities • Be creative and a problem solver - asking questions and seeking better solutions • Be confident and effective at communicating at all levels
Administration • Chases outstanding information, ensuring completeness and resolving queries. • Completes all administration tasks, OTIFNE (on time in full no errors); checks their work thoroughly • Consistently adheres to all departmental and office procedures and systems, including quality systems and company policies (e.g. acceptable use policy, ISO900) • Maintains appropriate filing systems • Uses appropriate templates for drafting correspondence and producing basic reports • Uses correct cost codes for on-charging all appropriate activity, e.g. photocopiers, printing, hospitality
Information Technology • Can use all relevant databases, maintaining accuracy and data integrity • Complies with the full content of the Acceptable Use Policy • Understands and uses the approved Email etiquette procedures and manages Inbox effectively • Uses all company equipment and machinery appropriately and to departmental standards (e.g. answer all phones within 3 rings) • Uses all relevant electronic applications with confidence
Planning and Organisation • Effective management of diary and emails of self and others if applicable (i.e. Manager) • Manages own Inbox and responds to emails and queries in a timely manner. • Manages own time effectively and is punctual for meetings and appointments. • Manages own time effectively, avoiding distractions and focusing on priorities. • Organises resources to achieve goals and improve own effectiveness. • Plans and prepares adequately before meetings. • Plans and prioritises to complete all work to agreed timescales and in line with business goals. • Plans, prepares and documents business activity in line with KRA’s. • Uses electronic organisational tools to their full potential, e.g. uses electronic calendar and makes available to all end users
'Cares' - about the business • Acts with fairness and respect to others and shows tolerance • Demonstrates integrity (e.g. respects confidentiality and acts in best interest of company) • Embraces the ‘spirit of the client’ • Takes time to be personally helpful and constructive to others, coaching and supporting where necessary • Understands business/ financial impact of own actions (e.g. failure to deliver. ‘right first time’) and minimises commercial footprint (e.g. printing, expenses, overheads)
'Cares' - Me • Gives it a go, however difficult it may seem • Manages own anxieties and appears confident to others • Seeks and accepts feedback positively, committed to personal development plan • Seeks opportunities for personal development • Understands own motivations and able to identify when these are not being met.
'Focuses' - Customer Focus • Keeps clients informed of progress and problems and proactively manages expectations • Provides a friendly and positive service and deals with customers in a confident and professional manner • Responds quickly to client needs and feedback (both internal and external clients) • Seeks to improve products, services or processes for clients