Recruitment Consultant - Derby Head Office
|Location: DE24, Derby, Derbyshire
|Salary: £22500 - £24000/annum Plus Benefits
|Posted: 5 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Summary of main responsibilities
This is a proactive role where your focus will be on identifying
apprenticeship vacancies with new businesses and providing them with
suitable apprentices around the UK.
Reporting to the Recruitment Team Manager, you will be responsible for
identifying and gaining new clients /accounts across multiple sectors.
You will develop relationships with employers and learners to achieve
your monthly targets and key performance indicators. You will play a
key role in meeting our growth plans.
* The role of Recruitment Consultant is to increase the placement of
candidates within apprenticeship placements and build
relationships with employers, promoting the services offered
through effective sales techniques.
* The role will be based from head office, predominantly telephone
based- cold calls and outbound calls are a requirement within the
* To achieve, as a minimum, the monthly targets for apprenticeship
placements as set by the Board of Directors.
* Generate new business through effective outbound telephone
activities by ensuring that the company’s minimum standards are
matched and exceeded.
* Arrange apprenticeship interviews with both the employer and
* Ensureyou obtain both learner and employer feedback post interview
for each candidate to discuss with them.
* Maintain existing business and maximise potential by carrying out
regular client service calls and investigating opportunities
during all contact which can include reverse marketing calls.
* Ensure all leads and referrals occurring from internal or external
parties are followed up within 1 working day promptly to maximise
opportunities and effectively reported on.
* Obtain accurate job descriptions from clients in respect of the
apprenticeship vacancy along with flexible person specifications.
* Obtain Health and Safety checklists from the employer and ensure
this is accurte, complete and upto date including signatures
before any interviews with candidates are held.
* Once vacancy has been checked by Recruitment Managers and signed
off advertise on all platforms including RAA, GMFJ and NGTU.
* Ensure regular communication with the Recruitment Manager in
respect of any concerns about a client, learner or opportunity.
* Ensure that you are fully aware of the company’s safeguarding
policy and your responsibilities within that and refer any matters
for concern to the company’s designated safeguarding officer for
* Ensure that all relevant administration relating to clients and
learners in completed promptly and accurately.
* Ensure that all company’s databases are updated immediately with
all relevant client and/or candidate information.
* To build and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders
such as the National Apprenticeship Service, jobcentre plus and
schools within your allocated region.
* Undertake regular research to ensure that you remain up to date
with changes and developments within the sector, subscribing to
relevant e-newsletters from ESFA, RAA, OFSTED etc.
* Ensure that you operate in line with the staff handbook and all
other company policies and codes of conduct to which the company
subscribes at all times.
* To maintain the utmost professionalism at all times.
* Flexible approach to daily tasks and adhereance to standards with
a can do attitude and a keen eye for details
* Any other duties which, from time to time, may reasonably be
required to meet the needs of Babington and is within the remit of
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about
clients, staff and other Babington Group stakeholders. Some work is of
a confidential nature and information gained must not be communicated
to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post
holder must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all
Health & Safety
Employees must comply with the provisions of the ‘The Health and
Safety at Work Act 1974’ and must take reasonable care for the health
and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by
their acts or omissions whilst at work. Employees are also required to
co-operate with their employer to enable them to perform or comply
with any statutory provisions. The Groups efforts to promote a safe
and healthy working environment can only succeed with the full
cooperation of its employees.
Equality & Diversity
The Babington Group has an Equality and Diversity Policy and it is the
responsibility of all staff to comply with this. The key
responsibilities for staff under this Policy are set out in the
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the
main duties and responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be
flexible in developing the role in conjunction with their line
manager. The post holder may be asked to carry out any other
reasonably and lawful duty or instruction.
The Babington Group has as an Safeguarding Policy which encompasses
the recent legislative changes to include PREVENT ( Anti-terrorism and
Anti radicalisation strategy) and it is the responsibility of all
staff to comply with this. The key responsibilities for staff under
this Policy are set out in the Babington Way. You will be required to
complete mandatory training subject to employment.
Disclosure Barring Service
It is a requirement that all Babington Group employees are subject to
DBS checks. This is a condition of employment with the Babington Group