|Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
|Salary: £25000 - £30000/annum
|Posted: 13 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
Skillnet is a specialist provider of Apprenticeships in the automotive sector. Operating nationally, each year we manage the training for more than 4000 people. We run the national Apprenticeship Programmes for Ford, Daf Trucks and Scania Great Britain as well as programmes for independent motor businesses.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
• Required to meet starts and revenue targets through
• Selling Apprenticeships to employers, identifying apprenticeship vacancies and existing eligible employed staff for apprenticeship programmes.
• Selling and delivering a commercial recruitment service to employers
• Matching suitable applicants to open vacancies and ensure the right applicant is recruited for the right employer and where relevant, placed on the right training programme and for the right length of time.
Working with a regional field team, this job is office based and involves ensuring that all available resource in the team is focused on delivering an excellent recruitment service to existing and prospective employers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Make outbound calls using data provided with the aim of generating employer vacancies, employed starts and qualified appointments for appropriate staff to attend.
• Advertise all resulting vacancies through relevant channels (CV Library, National Apprenticeship Service Reed on Line etc) ensuring that advertised vacancy descriptions are written in relevant language to attract and encourage suitable applicants to apply.
• Use various assessment tools to help young people identify their interests, skills, aptitudes and capabilities.
• Use a thorough telephone screening process for both learners and employers, to assess suitability for live vacancies as well as eligibility for apprenticeship funding.
• Assist applicants with writing CV’s / application forms and developing interview skills.
• Agree recruitment criteria with employer to ensure most appropriate candidates are put forward for interview.
• Maintain candidate database on Skillnet’s Customer Relationship Management database - to ensure up to date information is available to the recruitment team and business.
• Ensure that candidates and employers have full knowledge of the process, expectation and potential outcomes and are fully equipped with relevant information.
• Use thorough product knowledge to inform employers of the benefits of apprenticeships and apprentice recruitment to their business.
• Conduct marketing campaigns to generate sector / industry specific leads in line with business needs.
• Adopt a tenacious but professional approach, acting as an ambassador of Skillnet as the first contact with the employer.
• Deal with customer complaints and compliments in line with the company’s procedure and desire to continually improve.
• To carry out any other duties and responsibilities within his/her capabilities as reasonably directed by their manager
Key Competencies required for role:
Qualities and Attributes
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Confident and articulate telephone manner
• Good attention to detail in all written communications
• Ability to deal effectively and professionally with customer complaints
• Natural rapport with people
• Good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Knowledge of government/regional/local funding bodies and related funding streams
Grade A-C English and Maths (or equivalent)
Degree Level education
This job description describes (but does not limit) the main duties and responsibilities of the job. These are subject to variation by Skillnet as is necessary to respond to changes, both internal and external which the Company experiences.
Commissions and Bonuses
This role benefits from a commission structure which allows the post-holder to manage their individual earnings potential. On top of a generous basic salary successful applicants generate a commission payment for each new start as they generate income for the business. Full details of this commission system are available