|Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, North West
|Salary: £19000 - £25000/annum Commission
|Posted: 23 days ago
|Contact Name: CV-Library
£19,000 + Commission
Manchester City Centre
Who are Aspire?
Aspire Recruitment is part of The Growth Company. The Growth Company is a UK-wide not-for-profit economic development agency delivering a wealth of employment, skills and business support services to businesses and individual customers across Greater Manchester, England and, in some cases, the world. The Growth Company seeks to generate inclusive growth in the country’s economy by creating jobs and improving lives.
At Aspire Recruitment we are proud to be different. We don't work the 'numbers game', instead we are passionate about finding the right people for the right role. Aspire Recruitment's social and ethical stance means that we are not driven by profits; instead we are committed to matching people and business. Definitely not your average recruitment agency!
Like what you hear? Why not get in touch today to see what we could do for you!
- To resource suitable candidates for vacancies secured by Recruitment and Placement Consultants.
- Place advertisements on online job boards, LinkedIn and e-shots to ensure the number of candidates sourced are maximised.
- Generate leads and candidates via appropriate recruitment tools such as partner organisations, intranet, professional groups, research, recruitment days, website, networking and social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Screening CVs and pre-screening candidates, including face-to-face interviews to submit for suitable roles.
- Conduct candidate registrations and assess suitability for potential positions to include checking for eligibility to work in the UK, references and any qualifications.
- Update and maintenance of recording systems both electronic and paper based.
- Undertake general office duties such as upkeep of office appearance, answering the telephone and meet and greet clients.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed as per Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) standards and per internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Update and maintain databases accurately to ensure all activity is recorded.
- Productions of management information reports and highlight activity and progress.
- Liaise with internal, external partners and the general public as appropriate, both in person via phone or e-mail in both a professional and informal manner.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to employers and candidates to maximise revenue.
- Marketing, networking and promotion of service to partner organisations and clients.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Strong IT skills, including usage of social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Strong interpersonal and Interview skills
- Administration skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and able to multi-task
- Willingness to undertake training as required
- Working with various systems, including excel spreadsheets and databases
- Working to targets and deadlines in a busy environment
- Personable, calm and professional at all time
What’s in it for you?
- Fantastic offices in the heart of the city centre
- Competitive Holiday allowance (25 days + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy Scheme)
- Excellent pension scheme
- Flexible working style
- Staff discounts and benefits
- Incremental pay rises
For further details, please ring Beth on (phone number removed) or email your CV to (url removed) . Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview