46% of clients expect to increase hiring in 2019, finds Links International
Links International has released its 2019 Asia Salary Snapshot, its annual comprehensive salary guide for professionals in Asia.
The key findings from the 2019 Asia Salary Snapshot include:
- Similar to 2018, the hiring market across the region in 2019 will remain a candidate’s market with 46% of clients expecting to increase their hiring in 2019 (only slightly down from 50% in 2018).
- Salary, career progression and work-life balance were the top three reasons for candidates to move with career progression and work-life balance becoming increasingly important year on year, relative to salary.
- Staff turnover and the number of ‘Jumpy CVs’ is likely to continue with 41% of candidates reporting being in their current role for less than one year and 48% of candidates stating that they were likely to change roles in next six months (up from 43% in 2018).
- Almost half of employers stated they would increase salaries by 3-4% during the next salary review despite candidates generally being able to obtain a 10% - 20% salary increment if they moved job.
- Over 51% of participants felt that stress at work impacted their physical or mental health and 45% of participants felt that stress at work impacted their relationships with family or friends. At the same time, Links found that only 29% of employers had employee wellness initiatives targeting non-financial wellness.
The report is based on over 700 clients and candidates across the Asia-Pacific region who responded to the salary survey which was released at the end of 2018, combined with Links’ own insights gained from its employees’ observations and candidate placements they made throughout the year.
Links International’s 2019 Asia Salary Snapshot covers market reviews and salary indexes for different levels of experience across all the areas for which Links recruits, including:
- Banking and financial services
- Asset management
- Sales and marketing
- Consumer, FMCG and retail
- Human Resources and administration
Links International’s 2019 Asia Salary Snapshot can be viewed online here.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock.com